Macross / Robotech episode 1 CG progress

Jay-Lew

Man, I can't stop watching her.  Dance baby dance!!!!!!!!!!  Someone tell me how to make her my animated avatar.  I'm too damn computer illiterate to make it happen.

383700[/snapback]

You're not allowed to use animated avatar's around here.

It isn't a GIF so you'll need Flash to make it smaller.

Man, I can't stop watching her.  Dance baby dance!!!!!!!!!!  Someone tell me how to make her my animated avatar.  I'm too damn computer illiterate to make it happen.

383700[/snapback]

383716[/snapback]

rats <_<

383716[/snapback]

I don't have Flash. I just captured all 40 frames and made my own gif.

Girl3.gif

I guess you can't use this as an avatar here but maybe elsewhere.

Enjoy,

Carl

P.S. Not sure why she's so slow. She's faster on my PC.

Edited by wwwmwww

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy all! Finally found some time to start working again. Started to texture my VF-1A.

You can see it's pretty early in the process. I'm just starting with the base color pass, then I will go back and add some weathering to the color maps, and some bump and specular maps as well.

Hope you enjoy!

post-3050-1144919777_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1144919786_thumb.jpg

Howdy all! Finally found some time to start working again.

390620[/snapback]

I just love this thread. I wish we could come up with a way to keep you from ever stopping your work on these models. Oh I so want to see the whole first episode remade with your models.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, here are some more minor updates. Man I like doing this stuff, but it takes FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to just lock myself in a room with no windows, TV, etc. Just 4 walls, a computer, and a little door to pass food and water through, and Just work, for a month straight!!!!!! For those of you asking, I am going to finish the maps for my VF-1A, then I'm not sure what is next. I'm either going to do a Battroid version of the VF-1A, or I will start the VT-1D trainer, or I will go back and finish the modeling of Macross City, and the Island, and maybey the Dadelus and Prometheus to put in the harbor. ( I also want to add some more geometric detail to the SDF-1 itself )

So let's have a vote, what do you guys want to see after I finish my VF-1A maps?

VF-1A Battroid

VT-1D in fighter mode

More SDF-1 and Macross City modeled out

So far I have had 1 guy express interest in helping out. I am going to sort out some assignments for him soon. Anyone else who is interested, I could use the help. Everyone who helps out will get full credit, when this thing gets finished some day!

Thanks

Jason

post-3050-1152746451_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1152746459_thumb.jpg

More SDF-1 and Macross City modeled out!!!!

415621[/snapback]

Ditto!

I'd suggest using Terragen for the island, much more flexible for terrain modelling and can import the files into most 3D Rendering software.

Edited by Zinjo

Seconded--Terragen is an amazing, amazing program. It's mostly used for creating worldscapes (well, that's what it appears to be best at), but with some tinkering you can get some rather nice results even on smaller scales. Never tried to make a replica of an already existing island before, though.

As for your "poll," I'd like to see more of the Macross and Island modelled. I think that VF-1A looks its best all shiny in Fighter. ^-^

Very nice work!!

I can only hope and dream that if a live action movie is ever made that someone like yourself with your attention to detail will be hired to do the cg work.

good luck with your CG career you totaly have talent man.