1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

WOW i might actually pick up a few of these... since i'm actually skipping the 1/60 VF's and maybe going to start collecting the 1/100 (hell the monster is 1/100). I think for price wise its pretty reasonable. Unless you have one of these:

cesiry-img349x581-1233112157tcqmzc2.jpg

cesiry-img450x600-1265081991v7xj7w1.jpg

259b.jpg

Considering I have a pair =)

what the hell are those? What scale Kicker?

First off I'm very sorry for the bad pics, I can't find my camera's battery (I recently moved) so I used my cell phone. In my opinion these are excellent figures, they're pretty big and I believe to be detailed enough though some panel lining isn't a bad idea. As you can see it is in an acceptable scale with the revoltech transformable Roy, the battlepod isn't much for articulation other than legs bending at the hip, and swiveling knees, yes the main cannons and side thrusters move but only slightly.

I've got two waiting in my BBTS Pile O' Loot, and just saw the review on CDX. I cannot wait to get mine.. I had initially preordered 3, but dropped it down to 2 when I had to start placing Iron Man 2 toy preorders :p The toy looks pretty much perfect, and I think that, as usual, most of you guys are missing the point. This is a cheap, simple, rugged, and fun toy of a design that gets hardly any love, done in vinyl to keep costs down and durability high, made in what appears to be a rapidly expanding scale. For the price, you can collect a couple and not feel bad, and they will look great fighting your Toynami (and maybe Bandai) 1/100 scale toys. All you guys expecting a high-tech engineered monstrosity akin to the 1/60 toys are:

A) Crazy

and

B) Looking at the wrong toy

This guy isn't made to appease those people, so why try to dock it for not being something it was never meant to? If that's what you're waiting for, your best bet is the Robot Damashii line from Bandai, which has only been MacF so far. That's not what this toy is... this toy looks like the cartoon, costs nothing, and has enough articulation to function next to some more complicated toys without being a statue. Anyone complaining about the articulation, go buy the Revoltech and tell me how that works out (Yes I have one, yes it's posable, no it's not great). Keeping the vinyl Regult simple means that the toy has no problems, which, for Macross/Robotech toys, is something.

So we have 1/35th (never knew about this!), 1/72nd & 1/100th models, 1/100th vinyl toy and who know what scale the revys are.

Now we just need the 1/60th with opening hatch and T-Rex type pilot.

AS FOR 1/60th SCALE PRICE - I would expect it to be about $70 with no pilot and hatch, $99 with pilot figure.

That sound right? Seems like Yamato will eventually take the plunge, especially if Toynami sells out quickly...

So we have 1/35th (never knew about this!), 1/72nd & 1/100th models, 1/100th vinyl toy and who know what scale the revys are.

Now we just need the 1/60th with opening hatch and T-Rex type pilot.

AS FOR 1/60th SCALE PRICE - I would expect it to be about $70 with no pilot and hatch, $99 with pilot figure.

That sound right? Seems like Yamato will eventually take the plunge, especially if Toynami sells out quickly...

Revoltechs are non-scale... they might be around ~1/144 anecdotally, but you'll give yourself a headache trying to get anything more accurate.

And I think your prices for a 1/60 Reguls are wishful thinking... the Destroids were ~$100 and they were pretty simple, and much smaller. Any large scale Regults is going to need some serious engineering in those long spindly legs, and end up being really, really complex. And big.

That sound right?

From Yamato? Ha-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anyhow, I love the way it's still called a "Regult" in spite of the Robotech licensing requirements. If you just ignore that first sentence, it's all-Macross. :lol: The box reminds me of the plastic boxes for the 80s Takatoku vinyls. And I do hope Toynami can somehow get a Japanese release.

I can't wait for mine. Faster, UPS!

Yeah, this is part of why it's awesome. I only have a couple of the Taka mini vinyls, but they're fantastic.

When mine arrives I'll photograph it with my large TT vinyl Max VF-1J, and the small vinyl Regults for comparison. I've actually got 6 different toy Regults, so maybe I'll do a family photo. ^_^

A Yamato 1:60 Regult would EASILY be in the $200 dollar range........................... :mellow:

Yes - I am a wishful thinker.

SO NEXT QUESTION - Does the $200 price point put it in danger of just a one release and done scenerio? In other words not enough folks will be able to buy the first one and then we'll never see the missile versions or Glaug?

Think BEAGLE . . .

I think we already know the answer to that question, based on the fact that it's never happened... we have no $200 Regult toy because it won't sell.

EDIT: So, does our already devolving into more 1/60 debate that most of you guys don't like the smaller toy at all? Because that would be a shame.

Edited by promethuem5

EDIT: So, does our already devolving into more 1/60 debate that most of you guys don't like the smaller toy at all? Because that would be a shame.

Some people won't like it, certainly, because its not in their preferred scale or material. But when more of of the Toynami Robot Vinyl Collection ("RVC"?) Regults arrive into the hands of their new owners, it's good that there's a thread for it.

The initial reviews I'm seeing on-line for the Regult - and those from people who actually own them - are quite positive.

I think that since vinyl is such a good medium for modification we should hopefully see some customs here, too.

It's not an either - or situation. I ordered the vinyl already, will probably be pleased with it especially at that price. And I would order a 1/60 if I could afford it.

I think the 1/60 V2 valks from Yamato are very popular, so when we see pod toys coming out we get to thinking what if . . .

Humn... The Kaiyodo gashapon figures might match that look with the RVC Regult, maybe? My Armored Valkyrie from the Kaiyodo/Movic 002 set scales rather comfortably with my Revoltech Regult.

speaking of regults, do you guys think they were inspired but the AT-ST (seen briefly in empire strikes back) or was there some earlier version of a two-legged, chicken walkin' mecha that Lucas might have even got ideas from?

Yes - I am a wishful thinker.

SO NEXT QUESTION - Does the $200 price point put it in danger of just a one release and done scenerio? In other words not enough folks will be able to buy the first one and then we'll never see the missile versions or Glaug?

Think BEAGLE . . .

I think $200 puts it in danger of never going to happen. it's really hard to sell a (macross) toy at over $200 no matter how good it is. Perfect example is the Quarter; it's an amazing toy but they're already having clearance sales on it.

Personally I think a Regult with no internal detail (no pilot, no cockpit) and lots of articulation (basically a 1/60 scale version of the Revoltech Regult) priced at about $100 would sell better and be more realistic than a full detail Regult with cockpit for $200.

That said I would like to see an updated version of the Q-rau or a 1/60 Glaug before a Regult (unless it's a tactical scout, I want that). In fact I'd rather have a 1/60 Gnerl fighter than a 1/60 regult.

speaking of regults, do you guys think they were inspired but the AT-ST (seen briefly in empire strikes back) or was there some earlier version of a two-legged, chicken walkin' mecha that Lucas might have even got ideas from?

I highly doubt it.

Here's my review on CollectionDX:

Sorry about the crappy pictures but my Cannon Powershot died a few days ago and all I had was my Iphone camera!

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/anime_f...tical_battlepod

I love it, and for that price you can't beat it. I like what Toynami was going for and they nailed it!

Excellent job!

Leonardo Flores

modcineaste.com

Well, the tale of Baba Yaga is awfully old :ph34r:

lv6e8.jpg

Phororhacos is even older...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phororhacos

Yes, but I don't think the ancient scandanavians knew about raptor-ostriches back when they made up the story ;)

Back on Topic: the toy looks pretty nice - I think I'll have to pop one into my BBTS pole of loot. For $25 it's hard to go wrong.

Would it be too much to ask for a Glaug/Officer pod? :ph34r:

Edited by QuinJester