Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

72V61uA.jpg

Source found, completely by accident!

It's the second-to-last page (#38) of the Macross Delta BD limited edition Vol.2 booklet.

In one of those glorious moments of coincidence, as I was looking at your reply I was paging through the BD booklet and realized that I was seeing the exact same thing in my hands. Pretty damn official sourcing them.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

If true, that certainly explains why Delta's second half was such a mess... it wasn't supposed to exist.

Perhaps we should write this series as poorly planned. If they still want to do a movie, they could try to continue with a movie or do a rewrite for a movie version. I would opt for the former and break the mold. At it stands now, this could mean our ending is going to feel like it's going to drag. Yeah, that means at least a couple more episodes of boredom before we get to the end.

The following image appeared on AnimeSuki and I don't know where it's from...

Spoiler tag for size.

72V61uA.jpg

But the translation is apparently that Delta was originally supposed to be 1 cour and a movie, but it grew into a 2 cour around the 4th episode? Confirmation, actual sourcing, anybody?

Well they should have stuck to their original plan and forced themselves to cut the bits that were not essential to the focus of the story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked this up, and promptly forgot about it... anyhow:

Great Mechanics G: 2016 Autumn
Released: 2016.09.17

10 colour pages on "Macross Delta". Highlights include:
- 2 pgs "Protoculture and the Brisingamen Globular Cluster"
- 3 pgs Q&A on the series with Mr. Kawamori
- 3 pgs Q&A with Mr. Chiba, with definitions of Delta keywords in the upper half of the last 2 pages.
- 2 pgs "Post AVF Project VF Genealogy" (that'd by the YF-19 to VF-31 Siegfried by way of the YF-24 Evolution), with a row along the bottom on the 'Sv Works Series' (all 3 of them...).

In the Hobby Planet section, there's a whole B&W page dedicated to Macross, with:
- Hi-Metal R VF-1J Super VF
- Figure-rise Bust Mikumi
- Gimix (Tomytec) VF-31J
- Bandai Mecha Collection SDF/C-108 Macross Elysion
- Wave VF-4 Lightning III
- Gimix (Tomytec) Sv-262Hs
and at the bottom, the "Macross Modellers Latest News": the Hasegawa RVF-25 and Sv-262Hs.

Edited by sketchley

Joysound, a Japanese karaoke chain, is doing a Macross Delta theme room starting today!

http://shop.joysound.com/campaign/macrossdelta/

I'm visiting Japan right now and enquired with them - they're booked solid today. Anyone in town wanna join my wife and child in Shinjuku tomorrow though, we've reserved it for an hour and will be checking it out! ;)

Mark

Edited by tout-puissant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not a Ranka fan but I hope she does better this time. She should focus on music. I feel that when you sing your own songs you can escape being locked in to some anime. I think May'n has done wonderfully (though not so enamored with her latest album), Nakajima should just get some more good songs under her belt.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Gerli said:

This is...?

Still early days.  Consider it to be like the announcement of the MF movies at the end of the MF TV series run.  Though, given it's planned 2018 air date, we're probably going to get a more meater announcement sooner than later.

Some other bits: the logo attached to the linked article is "マクロスがとまらない - Macross ga Tomaranai" (Macross Doesn't Stop).  A pun on the name for the concert series ( Walkūre ga Tomaranai ), but intriguing nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 6:19 AM, Marzan said:

There has never been 2 TV series so lose after another, right? This is probably a follow up to Delta of some sort

I hope so.  The ending of Delta had a swiss cheese story!

The Windermere were allowed to keep a PC cap ship with advanced tech well beyond humanity. 

No attempt to impose a peace treaty.

Maybe as an eye candy and j-pop vehicle it worked, but as a narrative it was a train wreck!

Edited by Zinjo

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! So yeah, just saw the new video. o_o

https://www.yubew.com/macross-frontier-singer-sheryl-nome-returns-in-new-animated-video.html

Did anyone else catch this bit???

" The return of the character (as voiced by real-life singer May'n) is the first part of a series of commemorations for the Macross franchise's 35th anniversary this year. Among the other announcements are virtual reality, live music concert, theater, planetarium, amusement center, projection mapping display, toy, shop, and network projects. There is also a new television anime planned for 2018 "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is THIS?!!!