Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

• 5 months later...

Hey guys i could use some help

so i got my Blazer today, and while transforming him, the leg got stuck, behind the intake near the wingroot. I couldnt get it to click down for GERWALk. i applied some force, and felt a pop; The pegs holding the wingroot had popped!

Long story short, i dismantled the legd and got the wing root fixed, BUT, there is a piec i cant identify the position of. I think its the piece that makes the leg joint click. before i disassemble the OTHER leg in an attempt to figure out where it foes, has anyone else ever dismantled this joint, and if so where dos this small black piece go?

thanks!

When you expand the gerwalk joint near the wing root joint on the lower half of the upper thigh i see a black peice there if you see a cavity on your's thats where it goes i think if you remove the screw on the inside of the upper thigh you will get to the area to reinstall the part

Hey guys i could use some help

so i got my Blazer today, and while transforming him, the leg got stuck, behind the intake near the wingroot. I couldnt get it to click down for GERWALk. i applied some force, and felt a pop; The pegs holding the wingroot had popped!

Long story short, i dismantled the legd and got the wing root fixed, BUT, there is a piec i cant identify the position of. I think its the piece that makes the leg joint click. before i disassemble the OTHER leg in an attempt to figure out where it foes, has anyone else ever dismantled this joint, and if so where dos this small black piece go?

thanks!

These videos by Yamato’s Mr K. have proven to be very useful. Pay special attention to #3.

http://www.youtube.c...n&v=B4PwhDXy9ho

Edited by Reïvaj

Got my Blazer from HLJ on Monday. It's amazing...gorgeous, tight, and heftier than most Yamato valks due to the die-cast. Had to transform my YF-19 to compare. The YF-19 is still a sweet design, but the VF-19 is an improvement in every way. No regrets.

One thing I did notice, however, is that, in fighter mode, the gunpod lifts the nose tires off the ground just a little bit. Anyone else have this issue?

One thing I did notice, however, is that, in fighter mode, the gunpod lifts the nose tires off the ground just a little bit. Anyone else have this issue?

Did you compress the handguard (front underside) of the gunpod? Doing so gives the gunpod sufficient clearance off the ground in fighter mode.

Edited by IXTL

It does help, but I wish it compressed even further, because unlike the Fire Valk, the VF-19's gun winds up pointing down pretty far in fighter mode. It's just because the crotch plate is so big sadly, and you really can't do anything about that without messing up battroid.

I wonder when that hinted v.3 YF-19 will be announced. I had an inner hope that since they aren't doing Macross 7 stuff till near the end of the year, they would announce the v.3 YF-19 since it is a Macross Plus project.

But since they have a VF-4 in the run to design, I guess it does make sense that they wouldn't start a brand new project...

These videos by Yamato’s Mr K. have proven to be very useful. Pay special attention to #3.

http://www.youtube.c...n&v=B4PwhDXy9ho

AAUUUGGHHH!! :(:angry::(

even a Valk design that i CANNOT STAND, and was oh-so-happy to have left behind in the 90's, has been rendered SO incredibly beautifully here

that i cannot seem to help but WANT one SO badly. i've actually had -DREAMS- about getting one of these. seriously. i S$%t you not, not in the slightest little bit.

why-oh-why the hell does this damned thing have to be SO damned EXPENSIVE?!? :(:angry::(

i don't know, perhaps this is linked to the fact that the old BANDAI 1/65 19kai toy WAS INDEED my VERY FIRST EVER MACROSS toy,

let alone my very first ever TRANSFORMABLE one. i still have that fugly POS packed away, too. it had received a LOT of love

in the time since i had bought it at a comic shop back around 1997-ish, and it's warn-out joints of today are consummate proof of that.

i dunno, the kai DOES go WAY back with me, perhaps i owe it to myself to concentrate on procuring myself

one of these wonderful Yammie 1/60's. if only i could find one at a halfway reasonable price,

and if only i could manage to begin stockpiling a halfway decent chunk of change one of these odd money-hungry months...

Edited by Shaorin

AAUUUGGHHH!! :(:angry::(

even a Valk design that i CANNOT STAND, and was oh-so-happy to have left behind in the 90's, has been rendered SO incredibly beautifully here

that i cannot seem to help but WANT one SO badly. i've actually had -DREAMS- about getting one of these. seriously. i S$%t you not, not in the slightest little bit.

why-oh-why the hell does this damned thing have to be SO damned EXPENSIVE?!? :(:angry::(

i don't know, perhaps this is linked to the fact that the old BANDAI 1/65 19kai toy WAS INDEED my VERY FIRST EVER MACROSS toy,

let alone my very first ever TRANSFORMABLE one. i still have that fugly POS packed away, too. it had received a LOT of love

in the time since i had bought it at a comic shop back around 1997-ish, and it's warn-out joints of today are consummate proof of that.

i dunno, the kai DOES go WAY back with me, perhaps i owe it to myself to concentrate on procuring myself

one of these wonderful Yammie 1/60's. if only i could find one at a halfway reasonable price,

and if only i could manage to begin stockpiling a halfway decent chunk of change one of these odd money-hungry months...

You know you could always go for the 19S/F... and if you aren't a fan of the stubby wings the P. That way you get the awesome engineering without all of that red.

See, I really want to make a white VF-19F with black stripes, similar to the master file scheme. I think it's just beautiful.

The VF-19P is going to be white-ish, so it's a good start, but there's a significant number of parts I'd have to swap out for an F model. The wings/wing gloves, shoulders, hip flaps, head, leg panels (though I actually like the YF-19 style strakes), and canard panel would all need to be replaced with pieces from an F, and that's a lot of blue plastic to paint white, even if I did want to buy a spare VF-19F just to kitbash, and I really don't want to spend that much.

I really wish they'd just release an unpainted kit of the VF-19F/S, but given the complexity of this VF-19 design, I get the feeling that will never happen.

Especially painting plastic with such a high gloss to it. Im going to take apart the 19p and give it a clear flat coat of paint before i change anything but that would be awesome scheme. After doing the p and f yamato really should consider releasing a master file vf-19f.

• 3 weeks later...

Im resurrecting this, because one should never stop talking about the 19's.

Also now having the Master file, i would buy almost all of those paint schemes, especially a Skull Squadron, that cool Black/Gold lightning one, and the White/Red Cheyenne one.