Updating the Models Section

Myersjessee

Carl, do you or actually... anyone here have a picture of it built?

Ever since it was mentioned sometime ago I've been looking for information on but have found none. Could anyone describe it? Is it fixed posed? :huh:

The directions I just posted probably answer the "information" question better then I can in words.

As for pictures of completed kits. Yes, I've seen some GREAT ones. When built this kit makes the best VF-1 battroid I've seen hands down. PERIOD! The problem is I've lost all the ones I saved. At the time Shawn was aware of their site too so I'm sure he saved them as well. I also believe some of them were posted in the old forums so I suspect others here may have them saved as well. However to date I haven't been able to track any down yet. Shawn's aware I'm after them too so when he has a chance I trust he'll look for them but he's very busy and I'm not going to push him. If anyone remembers the link to their homepage, even if its dead, let me know and I can try doing some hunting that way. Better yet if you saved any of their pictures please post them.

Another idea is if anyone here knows Japanese do a google search or something equivalent using their name "Three Bad Men..." in its original character set and see what turns up. I'm not sure how to do that myself but I think it's worth a try.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

The directions I just posted probably answer the "information" question better then I can in words.

Yeah, I just saw it. It looks REALLY nice for a resin kit. Geez... quite complex. Very very nice. :o

As for pictures of completed kits. Yes, I've seen some GREAT ones. When built this kit makes the best VF-1 battroid I've seen hands down. PERIOD! The problem is I've lost all the ones I saved. At the time Shawn was aware of their site too so I'm sure he saved them as well. I also believe some of them were posted in the old forums so I suspect others here may have them saved as well. However to date I haven't been able to track any down yet. Shawn's aware I'm after them too so when he has a chance I trust he'll look for them but he's very busy and I'm not going to push him. If anyone remembers the link to their homepage, even if its dead, let me know and I can try doing some hunting that way. Better yet if you saved any of their pictures please post them.

Seeing a complete picture might make me cry. :p So... yeah... anyone know where I can one of these kits? All I want is the VF-1S version. Hahah... I think I'm wishing too hard again. <_<:lol:

Thanx again Carl. Hopefully Shawn can find the time one of these days to find those pictures. :)

Another idea is if anyone here knows Japanese do a google search or something equivalent using their name "Three Bad Men..." in its original character set and see what turns up. I'm not sure how to do that myself but I think it's worth a try.

Carl

Sigh... if only I knew more Japanese... and knew how to type in it too... <_<:p

Thanx Carl! :D

That looks nice! :o

Too bad I'll never find one in my lifetime... :ph34r:  <_<

Oh... I've seen these kits on Yajoo Japan atleast a half dozen times. The two together I think usually go for over $500. However it's been a while since the last time I saw them but on the same token I don't keep near as close an eye on Yahoo Japan as I used to. If you keep your eyes open long enough I bet you could find them.

Actually even better then keeping an eye on Yahoo Japan might be to ask Noel or Seiichi.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Thanx Carl! :D

That looks nice! :o

Too bad I'll never find one in my lifetime... :ph34r:  <_<

Oh... I've seen these kits on Yajoo Japan atleast a half dozen times. The two together I think usually go for over $500. However it's been a while since the last time I saw them but on the same token I don't keep near as close an eye on Yahoo Japan as I used to. If you keep your eyes open long enough I bet you could find them.

Actually even better then keeping an eye on Yahoo Japan might be to ask Noel or Seiichi.

Carl

Wow, I'm surprise it comes up that often.

Thanx for the tip! I'm glad I got another job now. Too bad college + job = no time whatsoever. Sigh...

One other snipet of information. On their web page they discussed plans for making VF-1 fighter kits to go with these two. They also had plans that were scrapped for casting the visor part of these bartriods in a clear green. Their web page explained why. That's about all I remember from sending their web page through Babel Fish oh... 4 or 5 years ago. As far as I know those fighter kits never got made but it's one of those things I'd be happy to be proven wrong about.

Carl

Carl-

Thanks for the pics!

How does one go about bidding on Yahoo Japan as I would love to get the !s or the set.

Thanks

Steve

There are bidding services like Celga, and there are Yahoo Japan sellers who will sell outside of Japan. Your best bet to start is to search the auctions section. There have been numerous posts on this over the years.

There are bidding services like Celga, and there are Yahoo Japan sellers who will sell outside of Japan. Your best bet to start is to search the auctions section. There have been numerous posts on this over the years.

Thanks...

Here are a few links I just sent someone that asked me basically the same question via email.

You'll need to use a bidding service. Here are two of the bigger ones:

http://www.rinkya.com/

http://www.m-world-service.com/

I've used the second one ALOT myself.

As far as reading Japanese try this page:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Good luck,

Carl

and there are Yahoo Japan sellers who will sell outside of Japan

Oh... one other comment.

I think less then 5% of the auctions you'll see will be from sellers willing to sell outside Japan. I wish more were willing to sell outside Japan and to be honest I'm not sure why more aren't. The Japanese mentality seems quite a bit different then ours on this subject. But even if the seller will ship here bidding still isn't trivial. To even get an account on Yahoo Japan I think one needs to have a Japanese bank account and/or a Japanese address. There are some major hoops one must jump through and I know a few that have been able to do it but I'm not one of them.

Carl

There are bidding services like Celga, and there are Yahoo Japan sellers who will sell outside of Japan.  Your best bet to start is to search the auctions section.  There have been numerous posts on this over the years.

Thanks...

Here are a few links I just sent someone that asked me basically the same question via email.

You'll need to use a bidding service. Here are two of the bigger ones:

http://www.rinkya.com/

I've used the second one ALOT myself.

As far as reading Japanese try this page:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Good luck,

Carl

How are those services you mention, I like Celga except for their rediculous shipping fees.

How are those services you mention, I like Celga except for their rediculous shipping fees.

I've never used rinkya but I've heard good things about them. I've used

alot basically because I started off using him and I've never had a problem. He's on the expensive side though or atleast he seems to be to me. To be honest I haven't done alot of price shopping. I just know he's trustworthy and quite flexable. In the past I've had him hold items so he could combine shipments to me.

Carl

The best service I ever used though was Monkey Nuggets. His fees were consistent and fair. He would bulk ship items, and only charged what he was charged for shipping. He was very responsive, helpful, and updated me all the time.

Sadly, he is not doing it anymore because some folks took advantage of his generosity. Too bad... :(

In other news...I'm hoping to get new root sections up for the models page this week. They will simply be new front pages with all the same content behind the links, but it's the first big step I need to do. Then, I will start redesigning the model manufacturer pages 1 at a time and working them through in that fashion. I'm starting on Hasegawa and spent a lot of time scanning my kits this weekend. I'm hoping everyone will provide feedback as the new sections come up. We are trying lots of new things and I'd like to hear what you like and don't like.

Also, check out the Hobby Japan update listed in the updates section...I think the variable Hasegawa YF19 is amazing!

Okay, I know it is not an original but by the looks of it nobody has mentioned it, it is a 1/72 VF-1S Super in battroid mode by 3 Men In A Hidden Forest I believe!

Sorry for the poor pic (mobile phone camera) and the shop owner was not that thrilled either <_<

post-3-1108440328_thumb.jpg

Another idea is if anyone here knows Japanese do a google search or something equivalent using their name "Three Bad Men..." in  its original character set and see what turns up.  I'm not sure how to do that myself but I think it's worth a try.

Carl

Here try this

隠し砦の三悪人

credit to Valk009 for the link to the Yahoo Auction

Edited by chowyunskinny

Here try this

隠し砦の三悪人

credit to Valk009 for the link to the Yahoo Auction

Thanks. That helps. With a quick search I found this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040228204205/...F00WinREPO.html

I believe these are pics of the 3 bad men kits. They aren't as nice as the ones they had at their home page which I still haven't found yet.

19KT3AVF-1S.jpg

20KT3AVF-1A.jpg

21KT3AVF-1J.jpg

Enjoy,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I need a good high res scan of the logos for the models section for the following manufacturers.

TECT

Tsukuda

and

Kaiyodo

Can anyone help? PM me if you can and Ill send you my email addy.

THANKS!

Jesse

Heres the Kaiyodo one.

I didnt know whether or not you wanted the shadow or not so I made both.

No Shadow:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1109471738.jpg

Shadow

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1109471753.jpg