Macross Plus Game Edition

Ido

fly towards the macross dodging the red lasers that are being shot at you

Thanks, I managed to defeat the neo glaug without damage so I could resist to the Macross attacks, so I finished the game. Dodging the lasers in the end is very hard.

Decent Macross Plus game.

Edited by Ido

After reading this thread, I realized that I never finished this game. I guess I should say thank you for reminding me that I still have this game. :D I did have a lot of trouble in this section of the game. What's the best way to dodge the lasers?

After reading this thread, I realized that I never finished this game. I guess I should say thank you for reminding me that I still have this game. :D I did have a lot of trouble in this section of the game. What's the best way to dodge the lasers?

At the beginning of the mission you can dodge the beam lasers turning left/right and then down, when the laser is close release chaff, you will get minimal damages.

After the Neo Glaug your movements are limited so IMO is impossible dodge them, take your YF-19 down and use all the chaff you have, I survived cause my armor was at green level.

The game isn't that hard so with some pratice you' will get really strong and might beat even the ghost-x9 with a simple Vf-1 with minimal damage. Destroy the glaug with the yf-19 can be a piece of cake, (stay close and use the DSS!).

Good luck

DSS was a pain in the ass to get use too, if you don't hit it at the right time nothing will happen, it blips out of there too quickly.

Two player was kinda fun, I burnt it to CD and played it with a friend, but since the music was all freaked out I just had to use my old OST before it was stolen from my car.

• 8 years later...

I hate to revive an old thread, but thought it would be better to do so than creating an new one. I recently got a copy of Macross Plus game edition and would like to know what I need to have to go about playing it. I have a US version PS3 and a modified US PS2. When I put the game in the modified PS 2, a screen comes up that will allow me to play one of the songs on the disk. There isn't an option to play the game.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You need a JPY PS1, PS2 or PS3. I'm not sure if you can modify a US ps2, or US ps3 to pay a JPY ps1 game, but if you have a US PS1, you have to get one of those action replay cheat device that plugs into the back to do the swap disc technique. Or get a ps1 chipped to play any import/copy PS1 game.