SV-51γ – 1/72 HASEGAWA MODEL KIT

Andrea

Dear all,

after my precedent VF-0S, the second (and last) “Macross” model built be me was the SV-51γ piloted by D.D. Ivanov in “Macross Zero”, the prequel produced on 2002 to the original series.

000.jpg

The SV-51γ, drawn by Shoji Kawamori, resembles to a Russian Sukhoi-27. It is the first variable fighter to see combat operations and was deployed by Anti-U.N. forces during the world war started for the control of the extraterrestrial spaceship crashed on Earth. The Hasegawa kit has a level equal to its historical models and it is quite easy to built. Only little modifications was carried out by me: the details of the landing gears was increased studying the real pictures of Su-27, all control surfaces were moved in arrest position and I rebuilt the four sensor panels for each side of the airplane front.

I painted my SV-51γ by airbrush with different tones of black and dark gray. I try to reach the best color variation of the dark tone in order to increase the charm of this model. No particular weathering work was made in reason of the dark base color and considering that we are talking about an operational fighter.

At last, the model was fixed on a very high base in order to avoid the squashing sensation typical of any airplane diorama.

SV-5106.jpg

SV-5108.jpg

SV-5109.jpg

SV-5114.jpg

SV-5102.jpg

SV-5103.jpg

SV-5119.jpg

SV-5121.jpg

Let me say that I’m very proud of this model that I judge better than my precedent VF-0S mainly for the great airbrush work made on it. In any case, I think the duo VF-0S / SV-51 is very attractive thanks to the opposite colors of the fighters and the different situations where they are represented (VF-0S in movement on the runway and SV-51 parked for maintenance).

VF-0SampSV-5102.jpg

VF-0SampSV-5101.jpg

If you are interested in this model, please, visit my blog (under construction):

http://nonsolopanzer.com/2014/08/01/sv-51%CE%B3-172-hasegawa-model-kit/

or

www.nonsolopanzer.com

Thanks

ANDREA

Thank you very much!

I’m very happy to know you loved my Sv-51!

Dear Chyll2, I’m sorry but this is the second and, at this moment, last Macross model I build.

In any case, after summer holidays, I’m going to start the work for a VF-1J “Super Valkyrie” in an unusual version. It will be a pleasure share with you a long and accurate WIP!

• 3 weeks later...

Impressive!!

I join to the petition of compressed full size images Please.

It is beautiful work and as much as I like the posts on the blog, bigger images would be appreciated. The details are really stunning!

Dear All,

thank you very much again for the great attention that you are granting to my SV-51.

Here attached you can find a Zip file with some big size pictures of it.

I'm not a professional photographer, so I don't think that the quality is better than the pictures already posted here but that is the best I can do in order to reply to your request.

Ciao!

SV-51.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear All,

let me say thank you! I've seen this model in the today home page of Macross World and I'm very proud for that!

I'm very happy, thank you again!

Somehow I missed this a couple of years ago!? :huh: They look great Andrea! The stands are a nice break from the usual "flat" carrier decks and airfield dioramas. - MT

• 1 month later...

Dear all, let me say thank you again!

I'm very happy to know that my SV-51 is still able to be appreciated by great Macross fans like you notwithstanding I made it six years ago.

I'm very touched and I really hope the VF-1 that I'm making now, will be subject of the same appreciations.

Cheers