Making a Macross mod

Galaxy_Stranger

I first found out about Macross via Robotech. I'm making a game mod based on Macross but I'd like to keep it as franchise independant as possible so both types of fans can play and not feel like the game is not dedicated to their respective show - like playing a Macross game and pretending it's Robotech.

I'd like to do the same for Southern Cross and Mospeada.

Any thoughts on how I can pull this off?

First of all, don't post/advertise/etc... a single thing from it until you're completely done and can get it torrented everywhere or else you'll receive a Cease & Desist notice from Harmony Gold and nobody will get to experience the fruits of your labor.

First of all, don't post/advertise/etc... a single thing from it until you're completely done and can get it torrented everywhere or else you'll receive a Cease & Desist notice from Harmony Gold and nobody will get to experience the fruits of your labor.

AFAIK, none of us who have produced Macross and/or RT mods have ever received any C&D orders.

Back in my pre-Macross-purist days, I had a "Third Generation" (or whatever they call MOSPEADA these days) Robotech mod that actually garnered some attention from a small gaming magazine in Europe someplace. They wanted to put the mod on their cover CD, but HG said no. They didn't shut down the project or otherwise object to its mere existence, they just objected to it being incorporated into anything resembling a commercial enterprise. Of course that was many years ago; their attitudes may have changed.

I don't think that any of us on either of the two DYRL mod teams (for the HW franchise) ever received any communication at all from anybody at HG.