1/8000 Nupetiet-Vergnitzs + SDF-1

cool8or

Hi guys! This was my last project finished in 2014.

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs is a 1/8000 resin kit that you can get from Scale Solutions. For this kit I experimented with Molotow Paints, wich are spray cans used for Graffittis. I realy like these paints, It will be my option for base color on large kits. But, in the other hand, if I would have used acrylic paints, I would have been able to make bigger chips. Anyway, I'm happy for have discovered these paints.

SDF-1 is the 80's Arii version, a little hard to find these days, but not impossible.

I hope do you like it!!

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_11.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_02.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_01.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_12.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_10.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_09.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_08.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_07.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_06.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_05.jpg

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs_04.jpg

Edited by cool8or

That's an AWESOME build! The capital ship looks great, but extra kudos for a well done SDF-1! You should put it against a ruler so everyone can see how small it is. Nice photography too!-MT

My mistake, I confused the 1/8000 kit with the smaller kits, still looks grest though!

Edited by MechTech

Absolutely Gorgeous! I think I saw this as a contest winner on another site.

Did you modify the front canons?

yeah, I won a contest in the Chilean site solomaquetas.com. The original cannons were far diferent one from another, so I adapt the lasers of a VF-1J head from Hasegawa.

Sorry about that... I were looking for this kit in standard configuration for over a year but this was the only one that I could find. That's why I bought this one and made the extra work of undoing the firing gun configuration, to going back to standard configuration.

So If you know where we can buy the original, please post the link.

I've got Wayne's kit at home, but I don't remember if it has the firing mode option or not. I'm pretty sure (the seller of this kit) does have a bad reputation as a big time recaster though. Anyone feel free to correct me on that if you have evidence to the contrary.

Wayne is a good guy and a talented artist, but I think he can be a bit of a hothead and jump to conclusions very quickly as well. That being said, that sure looks like his kit and I've never heard of another one being made available from another person or company. Unfortunately I believe Wayne is all but out of the kit creation business due to many of his designs being hijacked by recasters and then sold at lower prices and lower quality. This means that his former kits are no longer available from him, and that may actually (inadvertantly) help promote the sales from those recasters because there is no other source to buy from.

I do feel it is important to avoid recast kits as much as possible and to help identify recasters and their inferior products. However, I know it can be confusing and sometimes difficult to know if you are buying from a recaster. I'm pretty sure I have purchased some kits unknowingly that turned out to be recasts. Especially as there was a time when I wasn't aware of the practice and I just grabbed up any interesting anime model subjects whenever I had the chance. I wouldn't purchase those any more, but I'm sure not going to throw out the kits I do have now that I've spent money on them.

On the other tentacle, cool8or is a friendly guy as well and a great contributor to this forum. He is a quality model builder and while unfortunate, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether he knew the provenance of that kit and whether or not (the seller of this kit) is a recaster or not. He just finally found a kit that he had heard of and that he wanted, and now he has produced and beautiful replica.

Maybe the mention of the source that he bought the kit from should be removed from this topic in order to not promote any further business for them. If that is done, I don't see any reason to criticize cool8or unless he were to begin trying to promote a certain recaster or the practice of recasting. Which he has not shown any sign of doing.

Forget trying to change my mind about the recaster mentioned in this thread. Unless I hear from some original kit creators here that they are selling through that retailer, then I am 100% sure that they are a recaster. Shameless and brazen recasters who should be avoided. In fact I would get behind an effort to actively spread the word about them.

While I would still give cool8or the benefit of the doubt that he bought this kit in good faith, I don't see how you could be an active member of the modelling community here and not be suspicious when you take a look at their website.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember that topic now, but I stooped to watch it when we were talking about the pictures. I'm sorry about this, but I looked this kit for a couple years and this in the only one that I found available. I have over 30 garage kits and no more than 5 are recast. I just bought these recasts because the original was unavailable for years.

But, if I was wrong and your kit it's actually available, please put the link, this way I put it in the first post and other people that see this topic will know how to get the original.

Sorry again.

Kit has been constantly available from me up until the start of this year. If your really sorry your more then welcome to send me AUD$175 or destroy the recast you have.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

Maybe you should take some time to consider who's making a profit from somebody else's creative effort in the first place.

Hasegawa, Bandai, Wave, Arcadia and all those Companies that pays the fees for using the Designs owned by Big West.

I respect your work but you can't blame buyers if you don't have the product available. Nobody pays more for a recast if the original is available for less. I say this because I paid more than AU$175 for KP kit. Even now, your kit is not available in your web page:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Scale-Solutions-store/Resin-model-kits-/_i.html?_fsub=2316375013&_sid=10487333&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Anyway, If you want my money, you can have a lot more than AU$175: Just make more Zentradi cruisers and complete the 1/8000 series. I will very happy making bussiness with you. You can offer them first here in MW and you can be sure that your work will not go to a recaster.

Edited by cool8or

My be you should go get an understanding of what makes a creative effort a transformative work and who can make a profit of it.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

Have you considered doing what BigWest does (how well it works is debatable), in that all official products have a permanent metalic or holographic seal, letting buyers know the product is an officially licensed product. I wonder if putting a "Scale Solutions" seal would be effective in identifying your products to purchasing fans?

The recaster in question was sticking it in a box with a copy of my instructions with my name all over it, and sell it as a recast of a scale solutions kit, he dose the same with big name manufacturers.

And here is the problem cool8or I have more patterns for 1/8000 kits that are never going to be put out as kits, recasters are recasters because they don't have the skill to make patterns, so as people like me pull out of making kits less new kits for you.

That's why I bought this one and made the extra work of undoing the firing gun configuration, to going back to standard configuration.

Very nice job especially in switching it back into cruiser mode. I have both kits and thought about trying to make the KP kit modular, but I could not get it to look right. Did you use putty or styrene to fill the void between both halves?

Kit has been constantly available from me up until the start of this year. If your really sorry your more then welcome to send me AUD$175 or destroy the recast you have.

Wayne Pugh

Scale Solutions

Did Big West ever ask you to pay them licensing and royalty fees for merchandising their intellectual property, the Nupetiet-Vergnitz? Did Big West ever ask you to destroy the resin kits that you produced? I didn't think so. But you're asking cool8or to do that for you? That's hypocritical.

Agreed. This is the same argument that drove me away from the RPF. It usually goes something like this.

Fan makes a model, unlicensed.

Fan makes a kit from his model, unlicensed.

Fan sells garage kit, unauthorized.

Garage kit gets bought and recast.

Fan finds out and spends an inordinate amount of time telling the world that someone stole his artwork or his IP.

Bottom line - Unless Big West authorized you to make and sell that kit, you're no better than the recaster who stole your work.

I realize that this is a part of fandom. Companies may never get around to making that model of X that we all so desire. So, we make it ourselves, and we decide to make copies of it available to other fans. Where the unbridled and (quite frankly) unforgivable hypocrisy comes in is when people start screaming that they've been wronged when someone steals the thing they were never authorized to sell in the first place. You may have made a beautiful model, but the minute you dropped it in silicone and started selling casts of it, you violated the IP rights of the company that owns the original designs.

It's really just that simple, so get over yourself.