Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Coming sometime in 2010........... fingers Macrossed.

post-3328-12800575008_thumb.jpg

post-3328-128005749311_thumb.jpg

post-3328-128005748732_thumb.jpg

Actually this may be a model kit, but it will be assembled and painted from what we can tell.

Edited by Save

From what I've been told, the idea is to have the price at a reasonable level. And yes, unless plans change, it should be sold assembled and painted.

Graham

Will there be a TV version?

My childhood memory goes to the TV version... Haven't watched DYRL until my 20s.

From what I've been told, the idea is to have the price at a reasonable level. And yes, unless plans change, it should be sold assembled and painted.

Graham

That's good to know. I've always wanted a DYRL version of the Macross. Even moreso since my old Matchbox SDF-1 was broken. Also, I'm terrible with model kits.

Speaking of, the old Takatoku/Matchbox SDF-1 was 1/3000 scale, right? That thing stands about bridge to bridge with Bandai's Macross Quarter. Plus the guns on the movie version add a bit more height to it, so it should be a pretty decent size.

This is Awesome, all the details actually made it into production! Can't quite read japanest, can someone explain what is the improvement on the right leg? (i.e. the one without the city detail) Also, does anyone know if there is going to be lighting?

I will definetly save up for this!

That looks good even at a smaller scale. I hope they don't end up making this a web exclusive too.

I hear ya, just make it a regular item to order Yamato. I think it looks great and at 1/3000 it will go great with my old school SDF-1! :D

So it's going to be a model kit after all? Pre-painted and assembled is good but will they use normal model kit plastic or Yamatos funky superhard resin used for the bigger SDF?

I'll still wait for a TV version. The fire valk will keep me satisfied until then.

It looks good, but if it's rediculously priced, like over $250, I couldn't justify that small size for that amount.

LOL, that "small" size huh? 1/3000 is still pretty massive as far as toys go. I agree, $250 would be too much but it's not because of the size.

How big is it anyway? 1/3000 scale doesn't convey much information to me.

1/2000完全変形 SDF-1マクロス プロトタイプレプリカキット(H.D.P.仕様)

■材質:PU他

■商品サイズ:要塞艦時/全長約64cm

■パッケージサイズ::高さ20cm×横76cm×幅30cm

■付属品:組立説明書/変形説明書/組み立て用ビス

The 1/2000 scale measures 64cm in height

So the 1/3000 scale shall measures 42.5cm from simple calculation by taking 64cm x 2000 divided by 3000.

Edited by Vi-RS

How big is it anyway? 1/3000 scale doesn't convey much information to me.

If you look at the first pic that shows the lineart card. You can see in the middle line "60cm"

Not sure if that's Cruiser or Storm Attacker mode but either way, that puts 1/3000 scale at damn near 2 feet according to my convertbot.

60cm = 1.968504 ft

If you look at the first pic that shows the lineart card. You can see in the middle line "60cm"

Not sure if that's Cruiser or Storm Attacker mode but either way, that puts 1/3000 scale at damn near 2 feet according to my convertbot.

60cm = 1.968504 ft

If that line says 1/2000 is 60cm, won't that make it 60x2000/3000 = 40cm or around 17"?

Yamato site says 210,000 yen. roughly translates to $2400.00

Too much for me. Love to have one though.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yamato-toys.com%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en&.intl=us&fr=yfp-t-701

Edited by Ghettohawk

Yamato site says 210,000 yen. roughly translates to $2400.00

Too much for me. Love to have one though.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yamato-toys.com%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en&.intl=us&fr=yfp-t-701

I don't see Yamato mentions the 1/3000 scale is 210,000 yen, so far the price has not been revealed yet as you can see from 3rd picture.

I guess many people get confused with the 1/2000 and 1/3000 in terms of SIZE and PRICE, lol.

Edited by Vi-RS

It might help everyone to remember that the Matchbox SDF-1 is 1/3000... the Yamato should be about the same size. I believe I have some pics in my Macross Quarter review on anymoon.com which might give you a better feel for it.

It might help everyone to remember that the Matchbox SDF-1 is 1/3000... the Yamato should be about the same size. I believe I have some pics in my Macross Quarter review on anymoon.com which might give you a better feel for it.

I had one of those old Matchbox SDF-1 toys. It's not a bad size. The main gun should stand taller than Quarter's antenna backpiece whatsits. The bridge should be more or less even with the Quarter's.

Man, I hope they manage to get this out at a reasonable price and it sells well enough for Yamato to consider other ships. I'd love to add this and a Battle 7 to my collection.

I agree, I have the old Matchbox SDF 1 displayed with all my Yamato stuff, and it's a great size..if the 1:3000 DYRL SDF-1 is around that size and anywhere under $3-$400 bucks, I will get it. TV version would be just tooooo sweet! You guys hoping for $250 or less are dreaming...This IS Yamato we're talking about here guys...... ;)

If the Macross Quarter toy can be less than $200 and have gun turrets and all that jazz then I have a VERY hard time believing the more popular SDF-1 toy would NEED to exceed the $200 price point.