Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

jHello fellow MW'ers! I'm pleased to announced that we have secured a date and location for the 10th anniversary of MacrossWorld Convention. Thanks to another collaboration with the Japanese Animation Club at UCLA, we will be hosting MWcon 10 at UCLA, Kerckhoff Hall Grand Salon! Here are the official details of the event so far:

MacrossWorld Convention 2010

UCLA, Kerckhoff Grand Salon

October 9-10, 2010 (Times: TBA)

We are in the initial planning stages, but we expect the 10th anniversary of MacrossWorld Convention to be filled with special guest appearances, great events, more sponsors, and the biggest turnout in attendance with registration and admission being FREE!

UPDATE 8/22/2010

REGISTRATION FOR MW CON 2010 IS FINALLY OPEN!!! Please use the form below to register FREE for MW Con 2010. Thanks!

MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Registration Page

UPDATE 7/3/2010

We're hoping a lot of people plan on attending this year's EPIC MW Con 10 as we have started work on a preliminary schedule filled with exciting events, contests, and panels with special guests! Here's a few thing we have in the works:

-History of Macross Exhibit Display (Biggest collection of Macross toys, figs, and other items from every series of Macross!

-Karaoke Contest

-Cosplay Contest

-VF-1 Transformation Contest

-Live Art Drawing Contest

-Macross Fan Art Submission Contest

-Live Panels TBA

-And More!!!

See you in October!

UPDATE 7/16/2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

I've just confirmed that this year we will be having Mari Iijima, (Singer and Songwriter as well as voice of Lynn Minmay) perform and sign autographs at this year's MW Con 2010!

Stay tuned for more details as we'll be announcing additional events, and special guests as we receive them. If you aren't already planning on coming to MW Con 10, you should now as you'll get to hear Mari LIVE in concert as well as get her autograph at the con!

189650.jpgmari.jpgmari-iijima-300x300.jpg

Update 7/23/2010

We're at San Diego Comic Con promoting MWcon10! Check out the toynami booth or robotechX fan booth to get one of our LIMITED EDITION printed fliers. We also just distributed fliers at the robotech panel so I'm sure we'll have a great turnout this year!

Registration information coming real soon. Thanks everyone!

MWCon10FlierSmallDetails.jpg

UPDATE 8/22/2010

REGISTRATION FOR MW CON 2010 IS FINALLY OPEN!!! Please use the form below to register FREE for MW Con 2010. Thanks!

MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Registration Page

UPDATE 10/3/2010

We're less than a week away from the con date! We have some updates to the con schedule and i also made a map for the location of the con at UCLA.

Here is the preliminary schedule for the con this year.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

12:00pm - Convention Starts and doors open

12:45pm - Early attendee Raffle drawing

1:00pm - Video Game Tournaments (Street Fighter 4, Macross Valkyrie Scramble contest)

2:00pm - Toy Panel Discussion

3:00pm - Macross Live Art Contest

4:00pm - Live Music by Booby Trap (Live Band!) Few Macross songs plus more anime favorites!

5:00pm - Open mic Karaoke and practice

5:30pm - MW Con 2010 Group Photo

6:00pm - 2nd annual Macross Karaoke Contest!

8:00pm - Convention Ends

Sunday, October 10, 2010

11:00am - Convention Starts and doors open

11:30am - Video game contests (PS1 DYRL)

11:45am - Early attendee Raffle Drawing

12:00pm - Cosplay Contest

1:00pm - Mari Iijima Concert and Autograph Session

2:30pm - Tommy Yune Photoshop Anime Workshop

3:30pm - 1/55 Chunky Money Transformation Contest

4:00pm - MW Con 2010 Group Photo

4:30pm - Customs Contest Judging

6:00pm - Convention Ends

Here's a map of UCLA:

MWCon2010UCLAMap.jpg

Edited by KiriK

Hi everyone... in order to raise some funds to throw the 10th Anniversary MWCon... we're going to be selling a series of shirts that leads up to the actual con T-Shirt. Please support us so we can make this the best one yet. Here is the first shirt.

dyrl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://exodigital.spreadshirt.com/

http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=33158

Can we get a volume or shipping discount if we get multiple shirts? My wife and kids really like that one.

Of course! I didn't mention it here but that shirt will be printed around the middle of June so get your orders in soon! Just PM me the sizes and quantity. One thing though... I hope the other sizes aren't that small because that would require a whole different set up and would be too costly. I'm really excited about the shirts, hopefully we'll see people wearing them at the Con!

Awesome stuff...Glad the venue is set again. Bee, Exo, next poker game, we'll have to work out other logistics, but count me in for helping with setup and other things. I'll be working on some customs this year. So, the ball is officially rolling.

So I've been doing some initial planning with our hosts, JAC at UCLA, as well as some of they other members that are helping out. I want to create a planning committee of staff to run this year's convention with everyone having specific roles. MW Con Staff members will help plan and coordinate various aspects of MW Con 10. In addition, we will also have volunteer positions for people who are interested in volunteering during the con, but not in the initial planning.

Here is the complete list of MW Con Staff Roles and Volunteer Positions. Some of them have already been filled, but most are vacant and I will be looking for MW members and JAC members to fill these roles.

MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Staff Positions

MW Con Director(Kirik) – Responsible for communication with JAC at UCLA, managing facilities, getting sponsors, overall management of convention

Operations Director (Bigkid24) – Responsible for programming and scheduling of events, as well as managing Pre-Registration, Volunteer Coordinator, and Exhibition Displays, and A/V needs

Media Director(>EXO<) – Responsible for graphic design of printed materials, t-shirts, as well as overseeing Promotional Coordinator and Media Team (Video, photo, A/V)

JAC at UCLA Presidents – Phillipp and Melissa will also be included on staff team and will assist with facilities and liaise with MW Con Director and club members. Also promote MW Con 10 on campus at UCLA

Volunteer Coordinator (Vacant) – Recruits volunteers to staff Registration table and Security Teams for exhibition displays. Creates schedule and manages volunteers during event. Reports to Operations Director

Exhibition Display Coordinator (Maiden Japan)– Oversees exhibition displays of Macross toys and items. Recruits volunteers to bring Macross related items for display and responsible for organizing display space at MW Con. Reports to Operations Director

Promotional Coordinator (Jasonc)– Promote MW Con 10 through various methods. Create social media pages or update section on MW. Distribute MW Con 10 flyers at different conventions locally and nationally. Helps design promotional materials. Reports to Media Director

Photographer (Vacant) – Official photographer at MW Con 10 and is responsible for documenting all events and posting images on MW. Reports to Operations Director

Videographer (Miriya)– Official videograhper at MW Con 10 and is responsible for documenting all events and posting videos on MW. Reports to Media Director

Audio/Visual Tech(Vacant) – Assists with all A/V needs during MW Con 10 including setting up projectors, sound system, videos, panels, etc. Reports to Media Director

MacrossWorld.com Administrators – Shawn and Graham will be honorary members of the staff team and will coordinate any needs with MW Con Director

MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Volunteer Positions

(Will recruit for these positions at a later time through Volunteer Coordinator)

Registration – Work the registration table and process all attendees. Also assist where needed.

Security Team – Oversee protection of exhibition displays from all attendees. Also assist where needed

Set Up Crew – Arrive early before MW Con 10 starts to set up Exhibition Hall room and other areas

Break Down Crew – Stay after MW Con 10 ends and break down and clean up Exhibition Hall room and other areas

Display Exhibitors – Contributes to MW Con 10 by volunteering to bring various Macross related items for display

We're looking for people to make a real commitment to helping with this year's MW Con to make it the best one yet! If you are interested in joining the MW Con 10 Staff Team, please PM me with the following information:

Name:

Email:

Position Applying for:

What will you contribute to MW Con 10?

For everyone that posted that they would 'help out' with planning the con, this your chance to really show that you are serious and committed to the cause. I will be mostly communicating with staff members through email and occasional conference calls/webex so you don't have to be local to socal to join.

I'm hoping this new planning structure will allow us to do more with the con, and establish an efficient way to continue hosting MW Cons for many years to come. =] Looking forward to working with some enthusiastic Macross fans!

Edited by >EXO<

Where is everyone that said they would be willing to pitch in to help for this year's con to make it happen? I've had only 1 person contact me to join the planning committee and I'm getting worried that we won't get enough help.

After my plea, i did get some more offers to help so I think we're definitely in good shape. UN Spacy, you can still definitely help us promote the Con for all the NorCal folks that you've connected with. You can be our official NorCal MW Con Correspondent, haha.... PM me if you have any specific interests for any of the staff positions.

Thanks everyone, more updates including a flyer in the next week or so!

I Signed up a position for Exibit Display Coordinator.

Awesome! Thanks for that. I plan to bring some cool stuff to display again too. I look forward to seeing what cool stuff you bring this year!

Where is everyone that said they would be willing to pitch in to help for this year's con to make it happen? I've had only 1 person contact me to join the planning committee and I'm getting worried that we won't get enough help.

Kirik,

I can volunteer for the setup/breakdown crew if needed, since I live locally. And if you need me in another slot, just let me know.

Again, I will bring some Macross stuff in this year. Not saying what is yet...hehe

^_^

I better start requesting time off from work around the 10/10/10 weekend.

Awesome! Thanks for that. I plan to bring some cool stuff to display again too. I look forward to seeing what cool stuff you bring this year!

Can't wait to see what you come up with this year Miriya! ;)

We got a broken down 4Runner. haha

I'll contact some of you guys soon since some of you guys volunteering fall under my umbrella...ella...ella.

Also, the plan is to have most if not all of the contests from last year so start choosing a karaoke song, customizing those toys, and limber up your fingers for the Chunky Monkey contest.

Speaking of karaoke, does anyone have any karaoke files or romanji lyrics for songs? This would definitely help us out.

We got a broken down 4Runner. haha

I'll contact some of you guys soon since some of you guys volunteering fall under my umbrella...ella...ella.

Also, the plan is to have most if not all of the contests from last year so start choosing a karaoke song, customizing those toys, and limber up your fingers for the Chunky Monkey contest.

Speaking of karaoke, does anyone have any karaoke files or romanji lyrics for songs? This would definitely help us out.

I met w/ Bee last night, and I gave him a CD of some M7 and Frontier vocal tracks people may want to sing. However, I did tell him that I have a full M7 karaoke CD w/ all instrumentals, and quite a few of the MF CDs I have have "karaoke" versions of the songs. I also have a crapload of other Macross CDs that have instrumental version of original Macross and Macross DYRL songs. Send me a PM, let me know what you need. I ahve about 30+ CDs.

Oh, as for the romanji lyrics and all, that I don't have, but I'm sure they are downloadable somewhere on a website. Maybe someone in the Macross music section in the Macross series and story section can point to that section.

Edited by Jasonc

Okay random thought I had one day, for you board old-timers, do you remember that old thread waaaaaaaaay back when the v1 1/60 cannon fodder was released at TRU first and we all put our names down for what numbers we were going to put on our CFs? Well I think that thread has gone the way of the dodo like the rest of the old board but I thought it would be fun if we could take a big group picture of CFs at MWCon10.

So for anyone coming, can you guys bring a CF whether 1/60, 1/48, or even 1/55 so we can take a big squadron pic? Anyone interested in doing this? Back on the old board I had 240 for my designation but I'm gonna claim 24 now.

haha... that's an interesting idea. I have several CF's i can bring, but i don't know which number i'd be. My jersey number when i play basketball is 12, but isn't that already someone's number on the show?