DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

Since someone asked earlier, here was the response I got from AmazonJP

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.jp.

I have checked the item you inquired, "超時空要塞マクロス ~愛・おぼえていますか~ Hybrid Pack ハイブリッドパック (初回限定版「30周年アニバーサリーボックス」)," and it is confirmed that the product has some content with a game as well as Blu-ray.

In this case, the product is categorized into games according to the request from the manufacturer.

Therefore, we are afraid to be unable to ship this item internationally.

We are sorry for the inconvenience about shipping. The business of our international customers is very important to us, and we are working hard to improve the service and selection we provide to you.

Please note that some of these restricted products, such as software and video games, are available to selected destination from our international partner sites.

Our complete shipping policies, including rates and restrictions, may be found on our Help pages:

http://amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1039584

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.jp.

And here's the response I just got from CDJapan regarding their pre-order allocations:

Hi Keith,

Thank you for contacting CDJapan.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer won't be able to

supply any additional quantity of the limited

edition.

Only the regular edition remains to be available.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-93007'>http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-93007

They supply details about their products directly

into our database as soon as they begin accepting

pre-orders.

In response, our site would list them automatically,

but unfortunately, the English/romanji fields are

completely blank for the vast majority of their

products.

When they are blank, CDJapan website won't be

able to generate the product page.

So, that's why they went up on our Japanese site,

until we humans were able to t fill in that field

with titles in Romanji.

We would prefer to make products available to our

CDJapan customers before serving our Japanese customers,

but for above reasons it often takes some time.

Sincerely,

Toshi Makiya

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

And that's actually a great reply, I had no idea pre-order info was fed into the neowing/cdjapan system directly by the manufacturer's. Although if I worked there, and was savy about the famitsu announcement I would have made damn sure to get those fields filled in for importers, but that's me. Regardless it looks like most avenues are indeed closed for the LE version. I don't expect play-asia will be able to get any at MSRP at this point, though they may do what yesasia is assumedly doing, and get their stock from amazonJP while jacking up the pre-orders to account for profit & additional shipping. Can't really fault any of them there either. I just wish Bandai Visual would kick up the stock on these seeing how fast pre-orders are filling up. Likely the amiami orders that keep popping up have to do with people who decided to cancel their pre-orders.

Not really too sure if CD Japan is that well known either within Japan. Amazon makes much more sense especially with the discounts avaliable to them and the already mentioned free shipping.

It really seems that Bandai Visual really underestimated the demand for the LE. Why I have no idea.

And Keith, as for the reason why Bandai visual haven't kicked up additional supplies of the LE quite likely has to do with the number and stocks were agreed on months ahead of time. Unfortunately things like this takes time and agreements has to be made with suppliers and their sub-suppliers and so on who have their own demands to deal with which could mean the number they agreed upon is just about all they can do.

It's a little more complicated than that example but I think you get the idea.

CDJapan is just the export side, neowing is the domestic part of the business that the pre-orders booked up on. Honestly, I'm not sure why they aren't all going for amazon's deals either, I can only assume it's shop loyalty.

That is some serious mark up there with Yes, but considering how they're getting their stock I guess I can see why it's that much.

There's always a chance that more stock may become avaliable but as I mentioned before about how they had to go about getting the suppliers and stock just for the manufacture of the product, it just isn't going to happen quickly.

That is of course if they do decide to make more in the first place.

Question for anyone who may know. I'm going to be in Tokyo at the end of August, will it be likely that I can pick up the deluxe box set at that time? Or will it have likely sold out at that point?

If it's anything like the HD Remaster DVD Memorial Box, you should be fine. However, from what I'm reading on this board, this one is giving the impression of being produced in more limited numbers, so I don't know if that's a good gauge.

To give another example, you can still find the limited box for Sayonara no Tsubasa (at least in second-hand places) -- although, again, that probably was produced in greater numbers just because it's a new movie that people don't already have multiple copies of.

In short -- no idea. :( In my experience it's always been easy to find things like DVDs, whereas toys are rarer and rarer, even if you show up at the store on release day. However, I can see DVDs going down the same path. There're hardly any brick-and-mortar DVD stores even left, unless you include the second-hand ones.

Sadly all I could get my hands on without paying right up frontn was the hybrid pack. Luckily if all comes to plan it'll arrive nearly on my birthday and that'll be a damn treat.

However, if I manage to find the LE version somewhere else, then that'll be even better. But 20 bucks for 4 day shipping at CD-Japan is worth it.

I just gave up and ordered the regular pack from AmiAmi. The extra materials would be nice, but I'm most interested in the game anyway. Once it hits the market, all the materials will probably pop up in other places as well anyway, but I really want some classic VF-1 action on my (yet to be purchased) PS3. ^_^

I just hope the full vita game (not announced, but come on) hits by September. We know they have enough done to do full Macross TV, DYRL, & Frontier campaigns (ok, they need to model the VF-171 & EX, but still), so all they really need are to do models for Plus, 7, & II campaigns (+ some extra odds & ends that are more variations than entirely new models). Basically, I can totally see them having a finished full game by September/October. Gundam SEED Battle Destiny will hold me over for a bit, but I still want a full Macross game.

On the bluray side of things, I hope they wait a bit before releasing Plus & 7, and for gods sake, please keep all the regular 7 extra's in the standard edition of that set! :)

...and include those Macross7+ shorts.

That's what I'm talkin' about, since they've been included in every release so far, I hope they're not stripped out in favor of making them LE exclusives.

Well... when you're talking about a 50+ episode series, you're already going to be paying a ridiculous amount for a bluray release. Having a limited edition on top of that would get prohibitively expensive.

I haven't paid much attention to the SDFM bluray set, but did they release a limited box for that series?

Hey guys

http://www.cdjapan.c...KEY=NEODAI-1886

GET SOME!!

Keep refreshing if it says it's sold out, looks like they're adding numbers into the system now.

Looking at the listing and item number, it's actually a seperate item # from the first listing. Notice the price + service fee mentioned, and it looks like neowing/cdjapan wisely chose to order some extra inventory through amazon, then bump it up to their regular price. However they're doing it, it's win for us.

Edited by Keith

Thanks so much Keith!!

Not the best price, but after the anguish of the last few days, I bit the bullet - came out to $210cdn - so that $232cdn price wasn't so far off after all. Damn! All these posts on this thread got me antsy...

Thanks for that link, it's ordered now. :)

Well hm, it seems like I'll be getting two copies then, unless I go cancel my order with AmiAmi. I've never cancelled with them before, but I remember people saying they can get annoyed with you, and block you from the site if you do.

Well hm, it seems like I'll be getting two copies then, unless I go cancel my order with AmiAmi. I've never cancelled with them before, but I remember people saying they can get annoyed with you, and block you from the site if you do.

Isn't AmiAmi offering a better price?

Ah, nevermind, I see you posted you got the regular version. Regardless, there's no reason a shop should blacklist a customer for canceling a pre-order, that's just crazy.

Edited by Keith

Well... when you're talking about a 50+ episode series, you're already going to be paying a ridiculous amount for a bluray release. Having a limited edition on top of that would get prohibitively expensive.

I haven't paid much attention to the SDFM bluray set, but did they release a limited box for that series?

No, and that's what I was thinking too. However.... there IS precedent, as I just remembered the "Future Boy Conan" series box set came in two versions, one being a special limited edition featuring both 4:3 and 16:9 versions. Then again, I highly doubt they would do that with something as obscure as Macross 7, though.

Yeah, the tv setdoes have an LE version.

Does CD japan charge you immediately or at the time of shipping? i'm still searching their help site....

When they ship. They used to only charge you at the end of the month it ships but moved to this much better model sometime ago I think.

Edited by Strumvogel

I'd like to think I'm a good standing customer with AmiAmi after 2+ years of buying Macross from them.

I've only canceled an order once and they never batted an eye. I'm guessing repeat offenders will probably get blacklisted.

EDIT: I've canceled three orders....but still they've been pretty nice about it.

Edited by UN Spacy

To echo what has already been expressed by others - great job on getting that information out! Great to see that most people who wanted a copy of the LE seem to have been able to preorder it!

Yes, there are standard and limited editions.

On the bluray side of things, I hope they wait a bit before releasing Plus & 7, and for gods sake, please keep all the regular 7 extra's in the standard edition of that set! :)

7 was originally announced as the next series that will get a BD release after the original series so i was expecting it to drop by the end of the year. Having said that, not that DYRL is coming out, who knows WHAT the release schedule is looking like.

Sorry to beat a dead whores...but have English subs been confirmed or not?

Mmmm....dead whores...thats sexy!