YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Why do people keep going back to the Yamato/Bandai thing (if there even is a "thing")? Then, whining about whining, just for the sake of whining? C'mon. people are going to complain about some things. Others will find it just what they wanted. I don't see the point in pointing it out.

Comparison to the Ozma scheme:

post-2996-0-56737500-1342038163_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-19022100-1342038173_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-48091300-1342038182_thumb.jpg

Ozma fighter looks cool with the white nose cone but battroid is more boring.

Are you people sure it is a normal release? The whole 30th anniversary thing screams web exclusive... The more I see it the more I want it, damn it.

Wait, Ozma's seriously had the stripes in the game too? I just have to ask, WHY?? They're freaking fugly. This plane would be so nice looking if they just didn't try to make the paintscheme some pimpmaster mc spazatron tricked out deal. Seriously, it reminds me of those cars you see all covered in tribal tattoos and crap.<_<

This paintscheme is about as much a tribute to the VF-1S as a leopard print couch would be a tribute to the Thundercats. Same colors, but not even remotely similar in style or taste.

I really wish they did an Ozma, but it kinda makes sense why they didn't. This color scheme just seems to be the same as alto's but a switch in basic color palette. Ozma's paint scheme might have required more modification for paint and a new head sculpt, etc.

Either way, I'm not really big on this.

Battroid mode looks good, but fighter mode is not really doing it for me and as I'm primarily a fighter mode guy and also as I'm not a huge fan of the YF-29, this will be an easy pass for me.

Now if they had made the nose of the plane all white instead of black and kept the black and yellow trim minimal, I would be all over this.

Graham

Minor complaints aside, I like it better than a "true VF-1S scheme" (white body with yellow-black stripes in the chest, etc) because that would be a bit boring.

True to the heritage, but a bit boring nonetheless.

Having said that, I would buy that within a heartbeat as well.

I'm an unapologetic Focker fan so you're gonna have to excuse me if I'm gushing at all but I do love this scheme now that I'm at home and have looked at the pictures on my laptop. My Android screen was too small to do these any justice. I have the Alto version and while I like it and all...screw Alto! This is the version I really wanted (*cough*OZMA*cough*) and I think, for me, it blows Alto's candy-ass out of the water. I don't even really care for those ridiculous twin cannons on the YF-29 and I'm willing to overlook those now that they slapped a Focker inspired scheme on this thing (I need help, I know). It didn't even need to be an exact copy of the scheme (not even sure how they would do that), just a Focker inspired one like this did it for me. I even like that green-tinted canopy, as over the top as it is.

I love what I see right now but it could be a little better for sure:

1) put the Jolly Rogers on both of the vstabs

2) get rid of the tiny purple details and just change them to green

3) YF-29S head like Ozma's

...now, Bandai, get moving on the official Ozma version of the YF-29S! Klan version too while you're at it.

Yes. because we just want to see the positive posts or else it the whole site that's responsible. Just because the majority doesn't believe things as you doesn't mean you have to peg the whole board as whiny... grow up. Speaking of whiny...

wow. hahaha.. man. hahaha. next time take your lithium.

wow. hahaha.. man. hahaha. next time take your lithium.

good one. If you can't deny it. Go for the cheap shot.

Its just so insulting that while some people here are working their asses off to improve a site for free and without asking for any appreciation, others find it easy to complain about the forums and it's members in one blanket statement. "oh it's typical of MW.., hey this is MW what did you expect?" it's also that easy to overlook all the praises and galleries that people proudly display when all you focus on is the negative posts that you just can't scroll passed. Yeah it pisses me off, because you have the easier job of talking crap without thinking about it. We get it. You hate MW as a whole. Thanks!

Battroid mode looks good, but fighter mode is not really doing it for me and as I'm primarily a fighter mode guy and also as I'm not a huge fan of the YF-29, this will be an easy pass for me.

Now if they had made the nose of the plane all white instead of black and kept the black and yellow trim minimal, I would be all over this.

Graham

Exactly, and I think this "VF-1S" Scheme actually looks better than Alto's YF-29 in battroid mode, but it is the fighter mode that turn me off, mostly because of the black nose cone.

I would loooove the Ozma one. This 1s scheme kinda came outta nowhere didn't it?

Exactly.

It's about halfway thru the year, are there any 30th anniversary surprises left?

On another note:

I really really truly hope that all the black nose haters & jolly roger missing tampo whiners honestly stick to their guns AND DO NOT PURCHASE THIS!!!

If i ever chose to display this in fighter mode, there will be much repainting & custom decal adding.

Edited by GMANIFESS

Exactly, and I think this "VF-1S" Scheme actually looks better than Alto's YF-29 in battroid mode, but it is the fighter mode that turn me off, mostly because of the black nose cone.

I'm loving that black nose though and secretly wish the fighter was all black (Focker inspired still; not an exact Focker). I think all black would still be enough for me to differentiate it from Ozma.