What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

I'm going from one Fukuda Mitsuo involved series to another. Just finished watching all of Cyber Formula (TV & OAV series) and have now started on Cross Ange. It certainly took awhile for Ange to end her cringeworthy princess ways!

And that season is over:

Cross Ange:

Tusk Harem Earth FTW!

A/Z:

Wing Ending fail

This show could have used about 25 more eps, sone real backstory on Vers, and a more drawn out resolution.

Parasyte: I'm all around happy here.

Kantai Collection: MORE!!

Note: Yurikuma is gonna take me sn extra week 'cus I'm watching the hulu stream. But even if they swap out the last ep with Aldnoah Zero, this show is still infinite win.

Spring 2015 Anime list

http://static.neregate.com/2015/03/neregate.com-Spring-2015-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg

Wont use IMG tag here since the picture is very big.

A. Why are they presenting all this information as an image? Is a tiny bit bit of CSS THAT hard to write? i mean, if anichart.net could do it...

B. ANOTHER friggin' Nanoha series? Did I not suffer enough when you monsters did StrikerS?

Yeah. I don't see a lot to excite me here. I'm committed to finishing Unlimited Blade Works, but if you ask me, going on a three-month hiatus mid-arc is a big fat load of crap.

So far the spring 2015 season is pretty meh. Other than Arslan and Oregairu (My Teenage SNAFU or whatever dumb name they gave in English) nothing has really delivered. Fate as usual looks great and has insane production values, but the characters are still pretty boring.

Also, a lot of stuff didn't get licensed for the first time in a while. I wonder if CR and Funimation are getting more picky , or if licenses are getting more expensive.

Not really anime since it's a western series but there is a Macross relation. A series that I backed on Kickstarter called Cannon Busters is starting production, and have announced that it's none other than Kawamori's Satelight that's assisting them with production and animation.

http://www.cannonbusters.com/

I saw that too (also a backer), I was very pleasantly surprised by the Satelight announcement.

Kinda ecchi like Daimidaler was to Super Robots. But it's a cooking anime and I haven't seen one since Yakitate! so I'll give it a few more episodes.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti is another good cooking anime. It's by the same director as Madoka & Monogatari Series. Edited by Keith

I saw that too (also a backer), I was very pleasantly surprised by the Satelight announcement.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti is another good cooking anime. It's by the same director as Madoka & Monogatari Series.

Thanks for the tip; I liked the first 3 episodes of ggg. Did they make an anime out of addicted to curry? Toriko's funny but the cooking aspect is almost an afterthought

Thanks for the tip; I liked the first 3 episodes of ggg. Did they make an anime out of addicted to curry? Toriko's funny but the cooking aspect is almost an afterthought

Is there any actual cooking in GGG? I've watched the first 3 episodes too and it's all about girls getting delirious over eating food. Kinda boring to me. I'd rather bring a date to a food tasting and watch their reactions instead of an anime girls reaction.

I've been reading the manga for Shokugeki and it's very much like Yakitate! Japan. Research of food ingredients by the characters, how to cook it, why it works and how to make it for real. Can't wait for the anime to catch up.

Since there's been some hype behind the new season (and movie) of The Fruit of Grisaia, I decided to give the first season a try. I was definitely intrigued by the ending of the first episode, but after three episodes, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wasting my time. The third episode did pretty much nothing to advance the plot. Do I need to give it some more time?

Is there any actual cooking in GGG? I've watched the first 3 episodes too and it's all about girls getting delirious over eating food. Kinda boring to me. I'd rather bring a date to a food tasting and watch their reactions instead of an anime girls reaction.

I've been reading the manga for Shokugeki and it's very much like Yakitate! Japan. Research of food ingredients by the characters, how to cook it, why it works and how to make it for real. Can't wait for the anime to catch up.

Not much real cooking from what I've seen (does the one pot dish even count?). Lol yeah, mostly exaggerated reactions (much like yakitate).

Oishinbo is the og manga for cooking, with some OVAs too I think. Tanpopo is one of the classic live action movies on food (mostly ramen). I thought that yakitate was done! I'll check out the manga again

Yakitate's been done for a few years now. I just like it cause it covers a bunch of different breads and ways to cook them. Then it got ridiculously with the puns and gags and really weird at the end. Anime and manga endings are different.

I've got to get into Oishinbo. I've got access to the entire series, just need to read them.

Yakitate's been done for a few years now. I just like it cause it covers a bunch of different breads and ways to cook them. Then it got ridiculously with the puns and gags and really weird at the end. Anime and manga endings are different.

I've got to get into Oishinbo. I've got access to the entire series, just need to read them.

i only watched the anime for yakitate, and yeah, 'weird' is definitely the word for the latter part of the series. loved the 'baking tricks and tips' though. wonder if they're real-world accurate?

don't set your expectations too high for oishinbo. i found the pacing to be painfully slow at points, and i grew up in the 80s so i think i would have more tolerance for that.

This season so far hasn't been too impressive and I've already dropped a ton of shows (which is good since I only have so much time). Arslan and Oregairu (Teenage SNAFU or however they translated it) are the pick of the bunch and I'm continuing with Jojo and Fate (not as good as Fate Zero but damm the production values are insane). Ore Monogatari is pretty decent too.

Unfortunately Sidonia will not be available until it's released on Netflix once the season ends.

I am still watching World Trigger and noticed that it is on 26th episode now, it is a good thing since it will go for 50 episodes now so they can cover the current arc and another one but they might run out of material since the manga is not that far ahead.

I'm watching GitS SAC for the first time and just completed the first season. It's pretty good although nothing I'd call revolutionary or "SUPER CRAZY AWESOME" like some others have claimed. Makoto is badass as usual but I really don't enjoy the episodic nature of the show, and wish it contained one long serialized narrative. Hope the 2nd season is more serialized. I still consider the 1st GitS movie the best of anything GitS related.

I'm watching GitS SAC for the first time and just completed the first season. It's pretty good although nothing I'd call revolutionary or "SUPER CRAZY AWESOME" like some others have claimed. Makoto is badass as usual but I really don't enjoy the episodic nature of the show, and wish it contained one long serialized narrative. Hope the 2nd season is more serialized. I still consider the 1st GitS movie the best of anything GitS related.

I agree. I heard that the Oshii movie isn't anything like Masamune's manga (which I've read about, but never actually read), but I still like it the best among the later anime. The second movie was decent, but it felt overwrought affected, and more like a side-story resolving around Batou.

As for whether 2nd Gig is less episodic than SAC, it's been a while since I watched either seasons, but IIRC, it's got a somewhat more unified storyline than SAC. It still has the occasional one-off eps, though.

The first GitS movie is definitely a classic, but pure Oshii - slow-paced and dry. I prefer it greatly to the sequel which focused on Batou and had vastly different animation quality (more CG). I don't like how later releases of the first GitS movie changed the color palette and added more CG to make it uniform with the 'sequel'. The manga by Shirow is totally different in tone and he's a playful author with many light comedy moments to balance the serious scenes. Oshii doesn't do comedy. Check out my reviews for them: http://dubsub.blogspot.com/2013/12/ghost-in-shell-anime-movie-review.html and http://dubsub.blogspot.com/2014/07/ghost-in-shell-2-innocence-anime-movie.html

The two TV series are very different than the movies (no Oshii) and closer to the manga. You get light-hearted moments (especially the Tachikomas). I enjoyed both series and recommend them. Each has a condensed 'movie' version which cuts out a lot of the cutesy stuff and unifies the main stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Any else checking out Battle Blood Blockade (Kekkai Sensen)? It's absolutely incredible stuff. It's directed my Rie Matsumoto who also did Kyousou Giga and based on a manga by the same guy who did Trigun. Think a mixture of Baccano, Darker than Black and Space Dandy and you'll get the feel of it. I can warmly recommend it.

Any else checking out Battle Blood Blockade (Kekkai Sensen)? It's absolutely incredible stuff. It's directed my Rie Matsumoto who also did Kyousou Giga and based on a manga by the same guy who did Trigun. Think a mixture of Baccano, Darker than Black and Space Dandy and you'll get the feel of it. I can warmly recommend it.

Yeah I liked it a lot. The characters and settings are interesting. I havent done any check on the background of it so it is the first time I heard that it is based on a manga. I thought it was all Original for TV, which now kind of scare me since later down the line, I can expect it to go south and create another weird anime-only cheesy ending.

Anyone can recommend a good Anime Movie, recently watched Vampire Hunter D movie and it is good. I might have missed some from the 80's and 90's era.

Yeah I liked it a lot. The characters and settings are interesting. I havent done any check on the background of it so it is the first time I heard that it is based on a manga. I thought it was all Original for TV, which now kind of scare me since later down the line, I can expect it to go south and create another weird anime-only cheesy ending.

Anyone can recommend a good Anime Movie, recently watched Vampire Hunter D movie and it is good. I might have missed some from the 80's and 90's era.

I suppose you've seen the likes of Akira or Ghost in the Shell, right?

Some other films I can recommend from the 80's and 90's.

The Wings of Honeammise

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke

Perfect Blue

Grave of the Fireflies
Adieu, Galaxy Express 999
Patlabor I and II
Angels Egg
Arcadia of My Youth
and many more...it really depends on what you like
A personal favorite of mine is Urusei Yatsura 2. Beautiful Dreamer, but it requires one have a basic knowledge of the Urursei Yatsura series to be enjoyed.