New DX VF171 EX Sheryl Nome With Super Part

IXTL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't remember who it was, but I had replied somewhere saying "The Alto's appear to be fine, not any reports of problems" and one of the users here claimed that the triangles were a problem ojn the Alto also. I just can't support that view though as he was the only guy I ever heard of, but I am not everywhere and could be wrong.. I also have not heard of any problems on Luca's RVF-171.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

I can't remember who it was, but I had replied somewhere saying "The Alto's appear to be fine, not any reports of problems" and one of the users here claimed that the triangles were a problem ojn the Alto also. I just can't support that view though as he was the only guy I ever heard of, but I am not everywhere and could be wrong.. I also have not heard of any problems on Luca's RVF-171.

yeah, that's right i think it was in 2013. man that was a while ago. maybe bandai can now reissue the general machine fixed after this release.

I wonder if that would actually piss more people off than satisfy them. I wonder if droves of Japanese customers kept having to send these back directly to Bandai to get another just for it to explode?

I think Bandai handled that situation piss poorly without even a whisper of an acknowledgment of the problem. I personally am not even sure if my copies are affected by this, but the chances are very high that they are. I went straight to battroid mode on the copies I had to check for QC issues (because people were missing the part under the cockpit in battroid mode). My triangles appeared to be fine then although, the screw was really tight on the triangles on the underside. My theory was that maybe some were cracking in the box because in fighter mode mine all seemed really tight, almost like the tolerances were off or too tight causing pressure on the triangles while locked in. I dunno, but that release was really literally a "Cannon Fodder" variant.

Edited by Loop

I wonder if that would actually piss more people off than satisfy them. I wonder if droves of Japanese customers kept having to send these back directly to Bandai to get another just for it to explode?

I think Bandai handled that situation piss poorly without even a whisper of an acknowledgment of the problem. I personally am not even sure if my copies are affected by this, but the chances are very high that they are. I went straight to battroid mode on the copies I had to check for QC issues (because people were missing the part under the cockpit in battroid mode). My triangles appeared to be fine then although, the screw was really tight on the triangles on the underside. My theory was that maybe some were cracking in the box because in fighter mode mine all seemed really tight, almost like the tolerances were off or too tight causing pressure on the triangles while locked in. I dunno, but that release was really literally a "Cannon Fodder" variant.

I would say the QC issues is widespread and could be just a matter of time before it breaks. The problem is the plastic used which is why you get many parts with potential of breaking. NUNs triangle, little triangle, knees, part underneath head.

I went to put on the super parts on my broken one which I sort of fixed the knee on one leg. Now I noticed a different area in the knees joint of both legs being cracked. Managed to get the leg out from fighter mode with the fix holding, but upon putting it back in placed, my fix didn't hold :(. Will be staying in fighter mode anyway.

Odd thing is, the VF-171EX Alto preceded the vanilla VF-171. Are both of them meant to be identical in terms of the fuselage and the triangles?

I think the VF-171 is one of the more difficult transformations due to the nature of its design. I am not sure about Yamato's VF-17, but the VF-22 series is another frustrating one minus broken parts.

The VF-17 is actually pretty easy to transform (atleast for me), the 22 once you get the nuances of it can also be pretty simple. I haven't tried transforming the 171, but it does look a bit more complicated. But any valk can become easy to transform after a few tries. That is if it doesn't break on you.

On topic, I really like this design. The itasha doesn't bother me. It actually gives it more character. But if I really wanted to get a 171, I'd probably go with the Alto one.

Odd thing is, the VF-171EX Alto preceded the vanilla VF-171. Are both of them meant to be identical in terms of the fuselage and the triangles?

Other than the upper half of the forward fuselage/nose, the cockpit canopy, and the battroid head's visor/face, the CF 171 and EX versions are exactly the same.

Huh, just noticed, but comparing bluemax151's image to the one that's actually on the VF-171, they've censored the image slightly on the valk (note the white aura surrounding her whip on the valk). That's a bit of a shame. :p

Forgive me if someone posted these already somewhere but I didn't see them when I skimmed the topic. These came with one of the CD singles..

SherylNomeGrave_zpswsoq7xf4.jpg

New pics

gwLTmS8.jpg

Ahhh, I never noticed before, but the album art looks like there is a bit of areola showing there. Maybe they figured it wasn't kid friendly, although I don't know many young kids that buy these collectibles.

My Plan when I get mine is....

4973028335682.JPG

Had lots of luck removing tampo with it before, and it's worked on Bandai tampo (i tried it on a spare 171 CF wing and it stripped it easy)

afterwards I'll whip out my Iwata airbrush and masking tape :p

Edited by Duymon

The VF-22S tend to look super awkward in gerwalk mode since the main engines remain intact on the fuselage when the legs fold downwards.

The VF-171 also looks awkward but mainly due to the wings not being about to spread wide enough and there is lack of reduction in length on the fuselage after folding the leg downwards.

My Plan when I get mine is....

4973028335682.JPG

Had lots of luck removing tampo with it before, and it's worked on Bandai tampo (i tried it on a spare 171 CF wing and it stripped it easy)

afterwards I'll whip out my Iwata airbrush and masking tape :p

You know, maybe that's not a bad idea.. but in the sense of "I'm going to just strip the entire thing bare, and repaint it in something not so gaudy."

• 2 months later...