1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

post-1819-0-00574900-1330263405_thumb.jpg

If it makes you guys feel any better, the VF-4 from the Digital Mission VF-X poster is mostly identical to the FB2012 one

even down to the tail fins being black with red stripes.

It's just the nose (which was FB2012 colored in the CAD rendering) and the leg stripes.

Wow, just saw this, 280 mm Height is actually fairly tall! I'm surprised, as I thought the VF-4 was considerably smaller than other macross craft, more akin to the VF-1.

I'm pretty sure those 280mm are the length of the fighter mode, which is the dimension Yamato usually provide at this stage.

I just hope that I will be able to order this before it sells out.

I'm pretty sure you won't have this problem. I really want the 171EX but this is the Valk that has me excited this year.

I rather pay a bit more for the ease of ordering than spend sleepless nights trying to find a retailer that still has pre-orders available like the Bandai releases. :unsure:

Over 100 dollars more? I wish there was a happy middle ground.

Move to Japan and become one of the Gaijin butai.

Hmmm...my wife and I were just talking about immersion school for our daughter this morning.

Maybe I can convince her we should all move to Japan instead.

Screw immersion school, it would be immersion life!

Over 100 dollars more? I wish there was a happy middle ground.

I said a "bit" more.. haha But given all the crap I've collected over the years, I'm somewhat desensitized to the prices already. I'd probably shell out that $100 than not being able to pre-order and having to resort to the inflated secondary market, which often ends up being more than that $100 anyway. :)

Edited by Phalanix

Since this might be difficult to get, I am already giving in to the idea of paying a premium price for eBay listings which are sure to happen. But that is like the nuclear option. Never want to use, but alway on the table. ;)

I wonder if this VF-4 is going to be crazily in demand like the 171 is? I know it won't be as big as anything from Frontier because less people know about it but other then the old Exparten version this will be the first real release for this thing any of the fans have ever seen.

I remember the time the SHE VF-4 was selling for 400+, now with the upcoming Yamato VF-4 I've seen for less than 200 on ebay and nobody wants it, haha

It says limited Item, damn you Yamato, it's gonna be expensive. I don't care how much it costs, this is the valk that will get me to throw money at Yamato again after the VF-1 shoulder fiasco so long ago.

Forget proxy. HLJ had been selling most Yamato web limited items from Fan Racer to 1:2000 SDF-1 to us for no additional cost for a few years already. I don't expect the VF-4 will be any different.

Hope HLJ continues with that trend!!!

Forget proxy. HLJ had been selling most Yamato web limited items from Fan Racer to 1:2000 SDF-1 to us for no additional cost for a few years already. I don't expect the VF-4 will be any different.

Yeah, that's true. Just hope we don't run into a really limited order quantity like the Bandai Valks. :)

It's really kind of f-d up the way that Yamato can label an item "limited" and still produce enough to satisfy the demand, whereas Bandai's idea of "general release" is in itself far more limited with no guarantees you'll get one.

I think people are confused with "Exclusive" items and "Limited" items.

And we never know the actually quantity they are produced and how well they sells.

Yes, and no. In both cases the actual word used is 限定. That is used in a number of ways, such as: ウェブショップ限定 (web-shop limited) or 数量限定 (limited number). I would say that Yamato produces more numbers than Bandai does.