macross plus/ace combat tattoo

deadghost

I waited two years for this and the time has come, as I speak the artist is drawing it up for me, the tattoo will be placed on my back and on my upper arm. the tattoo will be a compass with angel wings the u.n spacey logo and the windmill blades from macross plus (you know the one from the intro in the green hill cliff) favorite and it will have my favorite motto dedicated to all pioneers and nothing else comes close. of course there will be pics :o :o :o

One question, why? Seriously do you have so little going on in your life that you are going to permanently emblazon symbology of an anime to your body?

Hey man.. not nice! I have a Spiderman tatoo that i absolutely love (it has won awards in tattoo shows)! Tattoos are like a living storybook of your life, they can tell a story of where u were, what u loved etc.. so if someone wants to put an anime symbol (something he obviously loves and is a part of his life) on himself, so be it. Just because you dont agree, does'nt make it wrong. Have you nothing so little going on in your life that you must judge others for their actions?

(this isnt meant to be an argument, i just dont like people judging when they dont know all the facts and have no frame of reference)

Sometimes you have to talk like A1 just to get the shock value to get people to listen. Anyway I think Phyrox got my point, as to why it might not be such a good idea at least IMHO. But then I am not one who cares much for tatoos, sure my wife has one, but it is something very symbolic and spiritual to her and is something that life, time, etc... will never change. I myself do not have a tatoo, I have never envisioned anything in my life that I felt I wanted or needed to have permanently adhered to my body, I've considered things: my wife's name/face, my son's name/face, but why when I can see them everyday? In my youth I once considered getting the Arashikage clan tatoo on my arm because I was a huge GI Joe fan at the time, I am very glad I didn't because if I did it would look quite silly now and would force me to wear long sleave shirts whenever I went to work or went to many of the activities I enjoy that require no visible tatoos. So, I realize it is too late to stop this, but for anyone else really think before going forth with such an endevour, think about not just your life now but in ten, fifteen, even twenty years and think, will I really want this on me in that time. Think about the career and life you want to lead, and think about how many times you really want to explain the image you've had permanently attached to your body, from the street to your job and everywhere in between. I know from experience that one promising young engineer I went to school with was passed over for a job for the simple reason that he had a visible tatoo on his arm at his job interview.

Ok, Knight.. i understand more what you're saying now. I was asuming our freind deadghost has thought long and hard about his descision.. 2 years i think he said... as someone that has plenty of tattoos, i would always recommend that you think seriously before getting one, what to get, and where to get it. deadghost, I too hope you know what you are doing, and (not to be partonising) are old enough to know what you are getting yourself in for. Yes, you may have some employment issues with a tattoo (although this is less common now, and can be taken as prejudice), and yes some people will always be against it - you may want to think about the future. I hope you do get it done, and would love to see pics of the design before and after! If its something you really love and has made an impact on your life, and you have thought it out properly (i'm glad you are going for a one off custom design), i see no reason not to. Just thought i'd give my moral support, but also follow Knight's (sorry if i got you wrong) words of caution. Look before you leap, think before you ink. :)

At least it's not the normal tribal tattoos that you see everyone wearing nowadays. After 2 years I'm sure he put some thought into it. I say, it's your skin, if you want that tat then why not? B)) 99% of the people that see it will have no idea it spawned from Anime. It'll just be a cool looking tat.

If you really must have one, I recommend losing the angel and wings. Also, don't do snakes, skulls, knives, motorcycles, girls, hearts, demons, chains, barbwire, butterflies, asian lettering, or ancient symbols of any kind. If you do, I will hunt you down and sandpaper your tattoo for polluting the world with more mediocrity :):lol:

• 6 months later...

I've been thinking about getting a Macross tattoo. Just don't know what yet. Only close thing to a Macross tattoo I have is this (Definitely not my only piece of ink though).

IMG00057.jpg

IMG00058.jpg

No, it's not distorted... it's how my arm was sitting in those pics.

I do admit though, seeing Taylors ink pics I approve. I never thought about getting a Valkyrie girl. :D

• 5 months later...

So, I got a tattoo this past weekend. I was in dire need of the VF-X Ravens logo because I love the look of the entire emblem. "Grapetang" pointed me in the right direction concerning the emblem so I resized/printed it out and had my friend's recommended tattoo parlor ink it out on my right/back shoulder area.

And my name being vfxraven19, I thought it was totally appropriate to ink this emblem on myself, haha!

l_10068be398264d55bb914088a81e1168.jpg

This was my first tat, and I do plan to expand to my upper arm area later...

Edited by vfxraven19

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Inspired me to get serious about getting mine done. Nice work, mind if I ask the artist? Someone in Richmond VA? I've been thinking about going to this guy...

Dave Waugh

Reading back over this thread, I love it when people get all butthurt over someone else's decisions in life, even when that decision has absolutely no impact on them at all. :wacko: