1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

Graham,

Any word on Yamato releasing the option parts separately? Even if it was only through HLJ I don't care. I'd just like a few sets to put on the Valks I already purchased.

Thanks!

I found these but they look different, and to me they look more like I remember the ribs (?) in the SDF series. (read the description).

Edited by >EXO<

Saw that email this morning; payment due by 05/04/12. I've already spent way too much this month so I'm sending payment in next week after the 1st... I know it's academic, but I'm keeping track of a monthly budget for frivolous items that I have every intention to adhere to.

Edited by mechaninac

So, here's a funny thought. I'm betting that they wouldn't fit due to the changes in the fuselage shape, but has anyone tried mounting these parts on a VT-1/VE-1?

I know these features were more of a TV series thing anyway, but I wonder if they'll ever release any DYRL VF-1s with these parts. I'm kind of half hoping* for re-release of the VE-1, and it would be interesting if they made a modified set of seats to plug into the DYRL two-seaters.

*-I'm only "half" hoping for one because I really don't need any more VF-1s, but if it gets a re-release, the OCD completionist in me won't be able to resist. :p

Kyuun kyuun.

DSC00303.JPG

That chest plate looks weird.

I assume it comes with new crotch on it too for the first time, Renato?

So, here's a funny thought. I'm betting that they wouldn't fit due to the changes in the fuselage shape, but has anyone tried mounting these parts on a VT-1/VE-1?

It will fit.

Has anybody else got any kind of a heads up that HLJ has got the VF-1Ds. I pre-ordered it forever ago and every day in April i checked to see if it was in stock and nothing. Now we are in May, still no heads up, i just hope i don't miss out again because of an error. :(

Has anybody else got any kind of a heads up that HLJ has got the VF-1Ds. I pre-ordered it forever ago and every day in April i checked to see if it was in stock and nothing. Now we are in May, still no heads up, i just hope i don't miss out again because of an error.

Mine shipped from HLJ yesterday.

Just got word from HLJ, and unfortunately they got a much smaller initial shipment then they thought they would. I pre-ordered on the 23 of march, and they said they will let me know when they get more to satisfy all their pre-orders. This SUCKS. :( So I did not recieve any email, I had to email them and ask. If you haven't gotten an email from them about your pre-order, they can't fill it yet. Way to bandai it yamato.

[/color]

I recall awhile back purchasing some cast sets from one of our fellow MW members that enclosed this part of the shoulder.

I agree that it does restrict the arms from a full range of posing, however it does add extra support for those with non-nimble fingers.

Mind you they do have a different detail to them, but i dont think they look bad.

(sorry about the blurry images)

Blue B))

wow those are pretty cool. where/who did you get them from? most of my valks are fine but a couple of the older DYRL ones have floppy shoulders and could benefit from those pieces that "lock" them into place.

^Beat me to it, I was just about to say that. Doesn't make sense to me, especially since painted colors will go better over white than orange/tan in my opinion. T'would be funny if Yamato ran out of paint, and just decided to ship these off as "limited items" instead of filling the remaining orders. lol

All quips about the particular choice of parts color and such aside, I'm just really thrilled to see that they're still willing to address the fans' desire for unpainted kit versions. Now, I just really, really, REALLY hope this trend will continue into the VF-19 line, because I want a custom VF-19F like nothing else.

I do really wonder about the colors though. I mean, good luck painting over that orange. <_<

On the other hand, I might actually get one of these to make into an old fashioned test aircraft, all orange and white. The only parts of this that shouldn't be swappable with the regular VF-1A/J/S kits are the nose section, chest plate, and part of the backplate, all of which should be easy to paint white, since they're not anything that gets a lot of wear and tear during transformation.

On the other other hand.. we could all be worried about nothing, and the kit will be all molded in white anyway. ^_^ They could have just slapped together the pieces for a stock TV VF-1D for the promo pic.

However it is, I might grab a couple of these if they show up on HLJ. Seems this one might be a more limited release, but wasn't the original kit version supposed to be "limited" as well? And they keep making new versions of those, it seems.

I would love a spare 1D head though.. I'm getting ideas for a custom combat capability upgrade for the VT-1. :D